Google Tag

Thursday, September 12, 2013

My New Castle


I wish I could say that I found Westgate or that maybe had some sort of tie to the community through friends or family.  Westgate found me via my girlfriend and her mother’s extensive real estate searches when I decided to get out of crappy apartment living.  My “mother in law” must have really wanted to get Jordan out of the house because she was a hound dog when it came to finding me a place.


The weekend of the 4th of July Jordan and her mother had six home viewings scheduled for one day, all in Westgate.  They had completed a scouting mission and figured I would like the neighborhood.  I did.  I was born and raised on a dairy farm so city living has taken some getting used to.  The quiet tree lined streets immediately appealed to me.  When I sat down on the front porch of the second house we visited I knew I was going to put and offer in.

Fast forward a month or two and I had the keys and all the utilities were in my name.  One evening, Jordan and I were working on the house and decided it was supper time.  We headed for Broad Street where the ultimate selling point and true value of living in Westgate was observed.  White Castle!  Pow!  Delicious sliders in my neighborhood, welcome home Tommy, welcome home.


No comments:

Post a Comment