Google Tag

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

OK, but really this time I am the worst blogger!

Sooo....it's been almost exactly a year since I wrote last. That's silly! So much has happened that I truly want to share with you all! So I'm going to do a quick update!
Top ten events:
1. We got engaged!!!
Well kind of lol. We decided to get married before summer and announced to everyone with our save the dates which were made my mom and I. Too fun!!


2. We got married!!!
We had a BEAUTIFUL wedding at The Grand Barn in Glenmont, Ohio. It was beyond perfect!!


3. I started this crazy mascara business thing!!! 
I was so over spending wasting money on mascara and makeup so I found the best out there and invested!! It's AMAZING!! Get on board!
 

4. We refinished the stairs!!!
It's amazing what a little tape and paint can fix! It's the same color in our living room so everything is tying together very nicely!


5. We gutted the upstairs bathroom!!!
Once again I truly don't know what I would do without my AMAZING family and perfect husband! Tom actually has done more work with the ceiling (more of our favorite free product) and the tile is totally finished. Will update as soon as I get my faucets, which should be within the week!! Yay for not showering with a hose in the basement!


6. We planted a garden!!!
Although I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked in garden this summer (silly wedding lol) we had a great crop for our first year and I developed a new obsession...DAHLIAS!!


7. We decorated for fall!!
It is my favorite season so of course I had to go a little a crazy with the mums. I had so much fun finding "fancy" pumpkins with my MIL. Hopefully we will get some of our own planted this year!


8. We decorated for Christmas!!!
Since it was our first Christmas in the house actually spending time in the house we went all out! Tom picked out the tree and helped decorate. It was so nice and cozy. Plus we got to host a great party for our awesome friends!


9. I developed a new "family"!!!
For those of you who might not know I have an interesting job. I am a Mental Health Counselor and I work for Columbus Public Schools. This year I became EXTREMELY close with my "work family" and I truly don't know what I would do without them! They are what keeps me going everyday and are always there to cheer me on! I don't know what I would do without them.

10. Tell her what she's won Johnny...
This was probably the most bitter sweet moment of the year for me. I drove "Big Bird" (my big yellow SUV) for 9 years and finally decided it was time, it got to the point where my dashboard was looking more and more like Christmas everyday with different lights on the dashboard. So I got a new car! And of course new tags :)


Well I think that is our year in a nutshell. It was probably the most fun and exciting year I have had thus far. I'm really going to try and be better about posting this year (resolution and all). But as you all know life can get a little crazy sometimes. Plus I have some SUPER FUN AND EXCITING stuff happening this year that I CAN'T wait to share with you all!!



1 comment: